AF Academy's primary mission
is to share knowledge
AFA is an entity of Aqua Foundation, registered under Societies act in year 1998. AFA provides training & knowledge sharing platform to decision & policy makers, working professionals, operating level personnel and aspiring students willing to specialize in technical sector. The broad objectives of AFA are:
- To organize specialized workshops for senior level officers of government departments (policy and decision makers) on latest technology developments, enabling them to be benefited by latest international research and development.
- To organize specialized workshops for scientists, engineers and technical personnel on specialized software, research, methodologies emerging in various fields.
- To organize specialized workshops on latest technologies.
- To organize workshops and training programs for NGOs, administrators, and other nonscientific personnel to enhance their scientific understanding helping them make better contribution in their chosen field of operations.
- To conduct Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma courses for working and aspiring personnel for capacity building in various sectors where structured education gap exists.
For offering various Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma courses, the academy is working in association with Singhania University. The University has been established by the Govt. of Rajasthan, under Ordinance 6 of 2007. It is a UGC recognized university as per Sec. 2f of the UGC Act 1956.
AF‐SU have latest instruments for imparting practical field training to students of specialized courses being offered: Differential Global Positioning Systems, Global Positioning Systems, Electronic Total Stations, Auto Levels, Digital Multichannel Seismographs, Gravimeters, Magnetometers, Ground Penetrating Radars, Electrical Resistivity Imaging Systems, Geophysical Software, Topographic Surveying Software, etc.
The courses are conducted without the need to attend regular classes, and hence are suitable even for working professionals. Study material is provided to students, and primary focus is kept on field training on latest instruments, especially for land surveying & geophysics courses.